Individuals who have worked in Canada and who wish to settle permanently in Canada with their accompanying dependents may qualify to apply for Permanent Residence under the Canadian Experience Class.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS
Eligibility for permanent residence under this class is assessed on the following primary criteria:
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec
- Candidate has acquired one year of full-time work experience in an occupation categorized as Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupation Classification (NOC). Qualifying occupations are those of a managerial, professional, technical or skilled trade nature.
- The qualifying Canadian work experience was acquired within the 36 months immediately preceding the date of application;
- Candidate demonstrates sufficient proficiency in one of Canada’s official languages. The level of proficiency required is determined by the occupation in which the candidate gained qualifying Canadian work experience. NOC O, A need CLB7 and NOC B need CLB5.
- Not be inadmissible to Canada on medical, criminal or security grounds.
QUALIFYING WORK EXPERIENCE
Qualifying work experience must be full time and skilled. Full-time refers to 30 hours per week. Part time work will also be considered. For example, 6 months in a part time skilled position at 15 hours per week will count as three months towards the required 12 months. Any work experience acquired in Canada without valid work authorization will not be considered. Nor will periods of self-employment or work experience acquired while the candidate was enrolled in a program of full-time study.