Canada is home to the world`s most reputable academic institutions. Pursue your qualifications from the best institutions in the world
Almost 130,000 students come to Canada each year to study. Most foreign nationals must apply for a study permit to study at a Canadian educational institution. A study permit, once issued, allows a foreign national to study in Canada, at an approved institute for the duration of the specified course or program.
REQUIREMENT FOR STUDENTS
- Possesses the required level of language proficiency in English or French;
- Acceptance into an Educational Institution in Canada
- Obtain an offer letter from an Educational Institution in Canada.
- Provide proof of finances to cover: tuition fees, living expenses, return transportation for the applicant and any family member accompanying the applicant.
- Must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. (i.e. a police certificate)
- Must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
- Intend to leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) may also be required if the student is a citizen of a country from which Temporary Resident Visas are required for entry into Canada.
WORKING IN CANADA AS A STUDENT
A student may work in Canada under any CIC work program during the course of their study under the following categories:
- On campus without a work permit;
- Off campus with a work permit;
- In Co-op and Internship programs, where work experience is part of the curriculum, with a work permit.
- In addition to this, spouses or common-law partners of foreign students are eligible for a work permit for the duration of the applicant’s study permit.
- After completing graduation, a foreign student may apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit program. Under this program, the work permit may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years.
- Foreign nationals may get an extension or obtain new study permits for enrolling in a new program
- Foreign nationals may get an extension for work permits upon approval from an employer.
|College/University Name||IELTS Requirement|
|1. Conestoga College||6.0|
|2. Waterloo University||6.5|
|3. Humber College||6.5|
|4. Centennial College||6.0|
|5. Seneca College||6.0|
|6. George Brown College||6.0|
|7. Sheridan College||6.0|
|8. Georgian College||6.0|
|9. Loyalist College||6.0|
|10. Yorkville University||5.5|
|11. Brock University||6.5|
|12. Ryerson University||6.5|
|13. Niagara College||6.0|
|14. Trent University||6.5|
|15. Conferderation College||6.0|
|16. St. Clair College||5.5|
|17. Northern College||6.0|
|18. Lambton College||6.5|
|19. Canadore College||6.0|
|20. Cambrian College||6.0|
|21. Fanshawe College||6.0|
|22. Algoma University||6.0|