Student Service

Home > Services > Student Service

Canada is home to the world`s most reputable academic institutions. Pursue your qualifications from the best institutions in the world

Almost 130,000 students come to Canada each year to study. Most foreign nationals must apply for a study permit to study at a Canadian educational institution. A study permit, once issued, allows a foreign national to study in Canada, at an approved institute for the duration of the specified course or program.

  • Possesses the required level of language proficiency in English or French;
  • Acceptance into an Educational Institution in Canada
  • Obtain an offer letter from an Educational Institution in Canada.
  • Provide proof of finances to cover: tuition fees, living expenses, return transportation for the applicant and any family member accompanying the applicant.
  • Must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. (i.e. a police certificate)
  • Must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
  • Intend to leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.

A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) may also be required if the student is a citizen of a country from which Temporary Resident Visas are required for entry into Canada.


A student may  work in Canada under any CIC work program during the course of their study under the following categories:

  • On campus without a work permit;
  • Off campus with a work permit;
  • In Co-op and Internship programs, where work experience is part of the curriculum, with a work permit.
  • In addition to this, spouses or common-law partners of foreign students are eligible for a work permit for the duration of the applicant’s study permit.
  • After completing graduation, a foreign student may apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit program. Under this program, the work permit may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years.
  • Foreign nationals may get an extension or obtain new study permits for enrolling in a new program
  • Foreign nationals may get an extension for work permits upon approval from an employer.
College/University Name             IELTS Requirement
1. Conestoga College                      6.0
2. Waterloo University                      6.5
3. Humber College                      6.5
4. Centennial College                      6.0
5. Seneca College                      6.0
6. George Brown College                      6.0
7. Sheridan College                      6.0
8. Georgian College                      6.0
9. Loyalist College                      6.0
10. Yorkville University                      5.5
11. Brock University                      6.5
12. Ryerson University                      6.5
13. Niagara College                      6.0
14. Trent University                      6.5
15. Conferderation College                      6.0
16. St. Clair College                      5.5
17. Northern College                      6.0
18. Lambton College                      6.5
19. Canadore College                      6.0
20. Cambrian College                      6.0
21. Fanshawe College                      6.0
22. Algoma University                      6.0