The Federal trade class program is managed by the Express Entry program from January 1, 2015.
Federal trade class program requirements:
In order to qualify for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa, Canadian Federal trade class applicants must fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Have professional work experience of at least one continuous year of full-time paid work experience in the National Occupational Classification (O, A or B) in the last 10 years.
- Meet the required level of CLB 7 in language proficiency from a designated language testing organization. (CLB7: Band Score 6 speaking, listening, reading and writing)
- A Canadian diploma, certificate, or credential AND/OR a foreign educational credential, and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an agency approved by CIC to show it is equal to a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential.
- Have the financial capability to support themselves and his/her family for six months after arrival in Canada.
- Score a minimum of 67 points under the following scheme:
|Education||25 points||Years of study and diploma or degree obtained|
|Language||28 points||Language Proficiency (English / French) (IELTS/TEF)|
|Experience||15 points||Years of professional work experience|
|Age||12 points||Age of the principal applicant|
|Arranged employment||10 points||If you have a valid job offer|
|Adaptability||10 points||Points for several factors that could help the applicant to adapt to Canadian life|
FEDERAL TRADE CLASS PROGRAM
The Federal Skilled Worker program is managed by the Express Entry program from January 1, 2015. The Federal Skilled Trades Class (FTSC) allows individuals with job offers or appropriate certification to work in certain occupations to obtain Canadian permanent residency.
Federal Trade Class Program Requirements:
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec
- Have obtained two years of qualified work experience in the skilled trade in the last five years
- Meet the required level of CLB5 in basic language proficiency from a designated language testing organization. (CLB5: 5 for speaking and listening, 4 for reading and writing)
- Meet all the job requirements for that particular skill trade according to the NOC
- Have offers of employment from up to two employers in Canada of at least one year OR a Certificate of Qualification from a provincial or territorial body.
A maximum of 100 applications will be accepted under any single occupation. The 90 eligible occupations fall into the following general categories:
- Industrial, electrical and construction trades;
- Maintenance and equipment operation trades;
- Supervisors and technical occupations in national resources, agriculture and related production;
- Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators;
- Chefs and cooks; and
- Butchers and bakers.